photo source: 28cooksThis black bean dip is the dip-of-all-dips. Rarely do I fawn so intensely over my own food, but this is good.
Get ready to please anyone within chip-dipping distance.
Black Bean Dip
Based on this recipe with several modifications
Serves 6-8 hungry people
2 can black beans
1 can sweet corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 medium sweet yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
1 bunch cilantro
1 cup monterrey jack cheese (shredded)
2 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil
salt to taste
1. Place black beans in a large bowl and smash slightly.
2. Heat oil in large saute pan and saute onion and garlic until translucent.
3. Add corn, tomatoes, beans, cumin, chili powder and heat through (about 5 minutes)
4. Remove from heat and add cilantro and grated cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
5. Serve with corn tortilla chips.