I almost titled this post "Mom Meal #1." It is quick. It is easy. It is delicious. It can be made while wearing an infant in a Baby Bjorn. But I realize baby or not, we are ALL looking for quick and easy meals to make. So this post is not inspired or fancy. It is just an idea for a simple recipe to add to your weeknightrepertoire. Flatbread pizza. Really just a matter of assembly.
But sometimes a simple recipe needs explanation. What kind of flatbread should I use? (I like Naan.) Do you cook the bread first or just put on all the toppings? (I toast the naan in the oven for about 3 minutes before adding the sauce and toppings.) What kind of cheese should you use? (Mozzarella.) If you're using meat, do you need to cook that first? (Yes, cook it first. Or use smoked kielbasa sausage since it's already cooked.) How long do you cook the pizza? (10 minutes at 400 degrees.)
And a little sneak peak into my new cooking set up:
- 2 pieces Naan
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 5(ish) mushrooms sliced
- 2 handfulls of smoked kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 handfull of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. (this isn't mandatory but it keeps the melted cheese from sticking.)
- Drizzle olive oil on Naan and add a pinch of sea salt. Toast in oven for about 3 minutes.
- Remove Naan and top with pizza sauce, shredded cheese and your toppings of choice.
- Cook in oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with fresh basil.